Find Alpine and Kent County Election results at accesskent.com.
THANK YOU election workers for your time working at the precincts. We could not do it without you!
*Please consider serving your community as a paid Election Inspector! Paid training will be provided.
Alpine Township is always looking for candidates to serve as Election Inspectors!
Election Inspector Application
See if You are Registered to Vote: www.michigan.gov/vote
You will find information about registering to vote, voting equipment, polling place locations, and more.
Registering to Vote:
To register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen.
At least 18 years old by Election Day.
A resident of Michigan.
- A resident of the city or township where you are applying to register to vote.
Stop by the Township office to register to vote or print and complete the FORM on the Secretary of State website. If you need a new voter ID card, call the Clerk at 784-1262
Voting Locations and Equipment:
Alpine Township has six voting precincts (View Precinct Map). The locations for each of the precincts are listed below. The Township uses the State issued M-100 tabulators and Automark Voter Assist terminals. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk, Jean Wahlfield, at (616) 784-1262.
Alpine Community Building
2015 7 Mile Road NW
Zion Lutheran Church
585 Lamoreaux Drive NW
Alpine Township Offices
5255 Alpine Avenue NW
Fire Station #2
3859 7 Mile Rd NW
Fire Station #3
610 9 Mile Road NW
Alpine Fire Station #1
841 Alpine Church Road NW
ABSENTEE VOTERS - A voter may request an absentee ballot for any of the following reasons:
- age 60 years old or older
- unable to vote without assistance at the polls
- expecting to be out of town on election day
- in jail awaiting arraignment or trial
- unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons
- appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence
MOVE ACT - The federal Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act was signed into law by the president in October 2009.
Voters Covered Under the Law Michigan voters covered under the MOVE Act include:
1) A member of a uniformed service on active duty who is absent from his or her city or township of residence. (Voter can be inside the United States or outside the United States).
2) A member of the Merchant Marine who, by reason of service in the Merchant Marine, is absent from his or her city of township of residence. (Voter can be inside the United States or outside the United States).
3) A spouse or dependent of a member of a uniformed service or a member of the Merchant Marine who, by reason of the active duty or service of the member, is absent from his or her city or township of residence. (Voter can be inside the United States or outside the United States).
4) A civilian voter who is outside the United States and is eligible to vote in Michigan.
For more information on Military and Overseas Civilian Voters, and to register to vote and/or obtain an absent voter ballot by e-mail, fax or regular mail, click here. Please complete the FPCA yearly.