BUILDING, PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
About the Building and Property Maintenance Department
The Building Department administers all plan reviews and inspections required to process State of Michigan permits. The Department also handles compliance with the Property Maintenance Code. Forms are available in the Public Documents area or at the Township Offices.
The Building Department Webpage can provide you with useful information regarding the State of Michigan Building Codes that are required in Alpine Township and what type of work requires permits.
The Property Maintenance Webpage can provide you with information regarding the required use, maintenance, occupancy and repair of buildings and properties in Alpine Township.
Department Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Inspection requests for permits and property maintenance issues are usually inspected the same day they are requested. We ask that you request your site visit before 10:00am so our inspectors will be able to accomodate your schedule.
Property Maintenance issues and complaints should be directed to the Building Official, Gary Campbell
If you have code questions please contact us at 784-9090
Links to other helpful sites:
- Down wires and power outages: http://www.consumersenergy.com/welcome.html
- Gas Leaks: http://www.dteenergy.com/residentialCustomers/problemsSafety/
- Damaged roads/potholes: http://www.kentcountyroads.net/
- Animal Control:http://www.accesskent.com/Health/HealthDepartment/AnimalControl/kcas_index.htm
- Sewer Problems: http://www.accesskent.com/YourGovernment/PublicWorks/PublicWorks.htm
- Water Problems: http://www.plainfieldchartertwp.org/pctwater.htm
- Mold/sanitary conditions: http://www.accesskent.com/Health/HealthDepartment/
- Contractor complaints: http://www.michigan.gov/dleg/0,1607,7-154-10575_17996---,00.html#licensees
- Mobile Home Complaints: http://www.michigan.gov/dleg/0,1607,7-154-10575_17996---,00.html#mhlicensees
Email the department head at: email@example.com with your questions, complaints, suggestions